Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cultivating a Community of Encourgement

"You got six months" is a phrase recently coined by the younger Daley cousin duo to describe the grace period my recent grad cousin has to follow his father's life stage timetable in the following tasks:

-To get full-time employment
-To get his own place
-To make his way down the aisle

After overhearing this dialogue at a recent family gathering,I chuckled in amusement and thought to myself,"Its still happens,but its not like it used to be"

As a naive freshman,I envisioned following the similar life stage path as my parental's generation of getting a ring (or if you are a old-school Adventist, a watch) followed by melodious sounds of Pomp and Circumstances and then wedding bells.

Now at age 23,I continually strive to shed my life stage/biological clock conditioning to utilize my season of singleness as a learning curve to assist in my growth in becoming the woman God wants me to be.

The article from Boundless,my favorite Christian website
"Faith for the Man He'll Become" really empowered me to accept the unique role I have in the lives of my brothers in Christ as we both experience the blooming of unrealized potential of growth. As women,we have a position to influence,encourage and counsel them as they refine and cultivate character traits to become Godly husbands and fathers and vice versa.

The book For Young Women Only by Shaunit Feldhahn and Lisa Rice highlights a perfect example of the power women have to be positive influencers through the one of my all time movies A Walk to Remember!!!

"...Although Jamie has a lot of intense and hidden things happening in her own
life,she shows that she is unique among all the girls by encouraging Landon to
follow his passions. Her encouragement eventually draws him our of his shell
and into life.At the beginning of the story,after Landon has made an immature
,costly`decision,it just takes one from Jamie to shame him and challenge him
to change."

At the end when Landon makes a selfless decision,the look on Jamie's face
says how proud she is of him. She challenges him and makes him feel he
can conquer his demons and become the man he was intended to be."

Blessings

~Dani~

"Cultivate inner beauty,the gentle,gracious kind that God delights in."
1 Peter 3:4b The Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment